Draped Crown Ring by Nak Armstrong
Review Sketches & Stones
- Having worked on several projects in this collection, the jewelry designer was able to pass off relatively simple sketches.
- Stones are unique, so each is measured and built a custom setting.
- Most notable is the missing side view and bottom view sketch, and the different ring bands. This is open to interpretation and would be discussed after round one is mocked up.
- Depth of baguette seats intersecting with the central stone might impace ribbon like flow
- Intersection of ring band with central stone seat could create a space difficult to clean or set stones
- Ring needs to be built so pieces can be laser soldered with stones already set.
- Due to the relatively flat bottom of the stone, it might neccessitate a large, unsightly base
Major Change: The profile of the ring band was modified to be less angular and geometric.
Major Change: The line of the baguettes was altered to be more dramatic and also show more of the central stone from the top view.
Major Change: The stone seat was too heavy visually and physically, so a pattern was designed to mimic the baguttes